10 Year Warranty on all Compact Laminate Table Tops.
Compact Laminate Table Tops
- Moisture resistant – can be used in high moisture areas without distorting or delaminating.
- Do not warp under direct sun and heat resistant
- Hygienic and easy to clean surface
- Extremely durable and scratch resistant
Table Top Sizes
Square – all sizes between 60 and 140 cm
Round -all sizes between 60 and 140 cm
Rectangular – Minimum 50×50, Maximum 140×300 cm
Custom Sizes and Shapes – All tops are custom made, so we can make your tops to the closest millimetre.
Please go to our Contact Details page and call us for for an obligation free quote.
All our Compact Laminate Table Tops are made to order. Lead times can vary, however work on 7 working days on average.
Click On Image To Enlarge
How to order your Compact Laminate Table Tops.
When ordering your Compact Laminate Table Tops please specify the following.
- Table Top Size – All our table tops are made to order. The maximum length we can do is 3000mm and width is 2200mm. Please remember longer tables that are used as communal share tables need a strong supportive base. Please ask us about some strong table base options.
- Table Top Colour – Please look at the colour option below. We use material from different suppliers, so we have a very large selection of colours. If you don’t see the colour you are looking for, please call us to discuss your requirements.
- Table Top Edge Profiles – You can choose from a number of edge profiles, which are bull nose, half round and Arris.
- Table Top Engraving – We can even engrave your company logo or any design you require onto your compact laminate table top.
Fixing your Compact Laminate Table Tops to Bases.
Although compact laminate is made from paper and resin, is is very hard and difficult to screw into. We can offer you 2 option to assists you to fix your tops to a base.
- Pre-drilled Holes – We can pre-drill the table tops and provide you with self-tapping screws. This is the cheapest and best solution. If you are purchasing table tops for your bases (bases not supplied by Gyro), please provide us with the layout of the fixing holes position. This might sound like a daunting task. It’s actually very simple. Please call us and we will “walk” you through the steps for providing us with the correct information to attach your table tops.
- Plywood Option – We can attach under the table top a small pice of marine grade plywood. Then all is left for you to do is to screw your base into the plywood. No need to worry about the correct measurements. Very simple idea, however the plywood option comes at a small cost.
What is Compact Laminate?
It’s paper with a difference.
Compact Laminate is constructed from layers of Kraft paper, dipped in resin and dried. These layers are then sandwiched between laminated top and bottom sheets, compressed and baked. A process called polymerisation melts them all together creating a solid- core panel that is an extra tough durable laminate. This extra tough laminate is best suited for commercial use table tops as it is chemically stable and food safe.
Compact Laminates are also known as High Pressure Laminates (HPL).
Caring For Your Compact Laminate Table Tops.
Compact laminate table tops are extremely water resistant and can be left in wet areas or in the full rain. All the colours in the surface layers are “man-made”. This means that the colours can or will fade. The UV resistant ranges that we have on offer, are more fade resistant, however they will change colour over a period of time. So take care not to leave you tops in the full sun. Light colours are less likely to change colours.
Do not use any abrasive cleaners. Only a mild detergent is required to remove any grease or grime.
Compact laminate is an extremely hard and tough material, however if the edges are bumped or the tops are dropped, the tops will chip. Take care not to bump the edges hard.
The surface of the table tops are extremely heat resistant. You can place hot pots onto the surface, but please do not exceed temperatures above 100 degrees celsius.
The tops are also cigarette burn resistant. De aware when using gas table heaters or candles, as direct flame can discolour the tops.
Chemical Resistance Of Compact Laminate Table Tops.
Although HPL or compact laminete table tops have chemical resistant properties, surfaces will react to certain chemicals if not cleaned appropriately. The information below provides instructions on what to do in case of chemical spillage onto table tops and it is these instructions which the end user needs to be made aware of. Compact laminate is resistant to most house hold chemicals such as acetone, alcohols, aniline, caffeine, dyes and paints, foodstuffs, mineral oils, soap and detergents, etc. However, some chemicals may affect the surface depending upon the concentration, the exposure time and the temperature of these substances. It is therefore recommended to remove any chemical spills as quickly as possible.
Chemicals that could harm your table tops are as follows
- Strong acids such as pool acids could “bleach” the surface.
- Chemicals used in pools (chlorine) and any strong oxidising agents.
- Any dyes or stains could permanently discolour the tops.
- Strong solvents such as paint thinners should be avoided at all costs.